Monday, November 03, 2008

On the Precipice of Hope

I don't think that I could be anymore excited.

As I sit half a world away, my eyes are squarely fixed Eastward across the Pacific, to the United States. Over the last eight years, we have watched this country go from bad to worse, as each decision of the Bush Administration proved more disastrous than the last. Now finally, in 28 odd hours, things will start to change.

While the time difference and busy schedule are going to get in my way, I know that I will be following these results as close as I can, and as each state goes blue I know that my heart will skip a little bit. I am fully expecting to shed a tear when he passes the magic number of 270, and we can finally declare that the baby Bush years are behind us.

After years of feeling downtrodden and dejected by the state of the world, there is finally a chance for something new and exciting to come our way. I am excited to imagine that the world that we go to bed tomorrow will be a better one than the one which we woke up to. Really how long has it been since we've been able to say that?

Yes, it's audacious, but I'll be damned if it's not hopeful.



Watch - "One Day to Change the World"



Watch - "There's Nothing We Can't Do"

Until next time,

G

1 comment:

Buy complete link building said...

Many thanks for this informative post.