Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Personal News of Excitment...

In recent months, I have tried to steer away from any personal stories here on the ol' blogeroo. But in the past week or so I have found two exciting personal stories about upcoming travels of mine.

Over the Christmas Break I will be heading down to St. Maarten to visit my good friend/arch-hockey-nemesis Troy, who is working as a pilot down there. We could potentially do an edition of "The Puck Stop" live from a beach...something wrong about that one...

And in other exciting news. I just found out that I was selected to take a group of students on an international service project to Laos over the March Break. How cool is that? We are going to be going to Luang Prabang to help teach Buddhist Monks English. Best of all, the school is paying for everything!!! How freakin' cool is that?

As luck would have it, my super-friend/Shanghai-Hostess-with-the-Mostest Carrie went to Luang Prabang earlier in the year. So I took the liberty to take a few of the pictures she posted on Crackbook and felt the need to share it with you all...really just to make you a bit more jealous...



Pretty awesome, eh?

Until next time,

G

No comments: