Friday, May 11, 2007

More on This Adult Thing

Twice in the last couple of months, I have lamented about growing up and staring eternity right in the face. Now, I find myself even more grown up, but far more at peace with it.

That's right, I am officially employed.

Over the past few weeks I have had a couple of transcontinental phone interviews with a private school back in Canada (that I don't really feel like naming on here, just to keep things private. But if you want to know just drop me an e-mail and I'll be happy to talk about it). And well, they have hired me to be a Residential Don.

I'll be living in the student residences, reliving some of my Acadia time, plus teaching a couple of classes (less than a full load), and running some extra-curricular activities. In short, I'm doing exactly what I want to be doing, something fun, different, and not binding.

Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped about this opportunity I have now.

Alrightie that's really all that I have to say. I would apologize for making this blog post self-indulgent and all about me. But you know what? I think 80% of what has been posted here has been somehow about me and you keep reading, so logically I must be a draw.

Blogging, an ego stroke for nerds...hmmmm maybe I should sell that as a slogan to blogger.

Until next time,

G

No comments: