Monday, October 01, 2007

Personal Milestone

October 1st marks an important day on the Glen-Calender (..Glalender?). On this day, 4 years ago I made a really important and influential decision.
That's right, on this day back in 2003 I decided to become a vegetarian. I officially gave myself one calender year to switch to a full-scale vegan, setting myself dates and targets (i.e. After this day, I will no longer eat _______).

When I first made this decision I got a lot of flak, including McNutt's infamous "Go back to your room and think about what you've done" rant at me when I first told him and my father asking "what's her name?", thinking that I was doing it for a girl. Many, many, people said that I wouldn't last a month and well here I am four years later.

In looking back I think that this is one of the best decisions I have ever made, I feel so much healthier, I am in better shape, and more importantly, I feel like a stronger person as a result of that day back in 2003.

That's about all I have to say, I apologize for a lack of original content, I just wanted to wish myself a Happy Veggiversary, and to any other members of the Green Mafia out there, keep on fighting the good fight...in a non-violent way of course...

Until next time,

G

No comments: