Friday, January 11, 2008

Predicting 2008

Well after doing fairly well with my 2007 Crystal Ball, I think that it's time for me to try and build on this success by looking forward to the coming year. After staring into a crystal ball, reading some tea leaves, and depriving myself of all sensory stimulation for 24 hours I have came up with the following GUARANTEED* predictions for the following 12 months.

* Guarantee not valid anywhere



1. Obama vs. Huckabee - You heard it here first, the election this year is going to come down to an African-American proponent of change taking on a baptist minister who once equated homosexuality with necrophilia. It's going to be a wild, wild ride...

2. Prolonged Strike - The crystal ball tells me that the Hollywood Writers Strike is going to last a very long time. I would be shocked if this is over by spring time.

3. Abrams will not Disappoint - I have HIGH hopes for both season 4 of Lost, and for Cloverfield. Because really, how awesome does this look?



4. Score one more for California - Mark my words, either the Anaheim Ducks will repeat as champs, or the San Jose Sharks will finally take that next step. As a Senators fan, I desperately hope that I am wrong on this one, but we'll see here...

5. Another Three Countries Scratched off the List - Sorry while I take a break for the personal here, but I think that I'll get to visit another three countries this year. I know that I'm going to Laos in March, but I have a feeling that there will be two more there, somehow, someway.

6. The Temperature Will Continue To Rise - Sure I made this prediction last year, but I don't see much changing on that one...

7. Another Conservative Minority - Sure last year I predicted that we would see a Liberal Minority, but I think that the opportunity to see that has passed, unfortunately. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were another Canadian Federal election, I just don't see much coming about it.

8. More Record Label Rebellions - So Radiohead started something by releasing the amazing In Rainbows on-line for free, I wouldn't be shocked to see some other major bands follow in their footsteps.

9. The Patriots will Lose - I don't know why I think this, but I have this sneaking suspicion that the New England Patriots will NOT win the Superbowl, making their 16-0 season completely worthless.

10. Samoa Joe will FINALLY win the TNA World Title - Yes, another repeat from last year. I think that even Vince Russo is not dumb enough to keep the gold off of Joe for another year.

11. Further Republican Misdoings - This may be the easiest and vaguest prediction I could ever make, but I am certain that we will find out about something incredibly schemey and evil that Bush, Cheney, and co have been up to, that will even push Fox News's ability to present them in a positive light.

12. Someone will Follow in Feist's Footsteps - Another Indie-Darling will break into the mainstream in a big way, just like Lesley Feist was able to do thanks to Steve Jobs.

13. I will have a great year - My third redo from last year. I figure that this is a safe one, 2007 was pretty dang good, and 2008 seems like it could be even better.

Just like last year, the spirits are keeping their signs to only 13....I'll look back sometime next year and see if I can top my 9-2-2 record!

Until next time,

G

No comments: