Saturday, January 06, 2007

My Dad Was So Proud

So here I am driving on Highway 11 on my return to North Bay, when I look in my rear-view mirror and what should I see but a set of flashing red lights. I look at the road sign that says 90 km/h and then I look down at my speedometer that is clearly lined at 120. I utter a few curse words to myself and then pull over hoping that this car will keep driving. My hope was misplaced. He stepped out the car and I got my licence and registration right away.

The police officer realized that I am a student and knocked it down from the $220 + 4 points to $52.50 + 0 points. How awesome is that?

So for all of the ranting and raving I make about THE MAN, and how I thing that institutions are inherently evil, I was refreshed to have someone come and smack my predispositions right in the face. While I still hate THE MAN, I respect that man. I will gladly write out a check and pay off the very first speeding ticket I have received in my 8 years of driving.

I don't really have much else to add here, unless anyone out there wants to help donate to me paying this fine. That would be great....

Until next time,

G

No comments: