Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Soundtrack to My Life

I was trying to catch up on everyone else's blogs lately, and I found this little ditty over at McNutt's Blog. So in keeping with my tradition of stealing from other people, I present you with the Soundtrack to My Life.

Now in creating this soundtrack there are some very specific rules:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every scene, type the song that’s playing

So I switch my iTunes to random and let fate decide my life and here is what I get....

Opening Credits: Blessed Union of Souls - "I Believe". Well I guess the story of my life is going to be a sappy tear jerker. Can't say I'm surprised. Not sure how the struggle against racism theme of the song fits into the story of my life. But what do I know? I've just lived it...

Waking Up: US3 - “Cantaloop”. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, PERFECT!!!!!!! This is exactly how I feel in the morning, over the top and obnoxiously cheery. This song would be perfect for a Waking Up Montage, with my dancing in the shower and as I get dressed. I like my movie already.

First Day At School: Matthew Good Band - "Euphony". One of my absolute favourite bands here with one of their least known songs. I really love this song, and it seems like it would oddly fit, not sure about the Chorus line of "I would love a room with a view", although the lines of "burning this place to the ground", are pretty hilarious in this context. [Editor's Note: Originally a Jerky Boys call came in here, but I vetoed it, as it is not really a song]

Falling In Love: Metric - “Torture Me". Wow this is so incredibly perfect. The title alone is a prefect reflection of many of my romantic experiences. Sounds like my movie features some unrequited love. I like it even more!!!!

Fight Song: Hot, Hot Heat - "No, Not Now". Hmmmm, sounds like it would be a pretty cool fight. The upbeat nature of this song tells me that my fight would resemble a 1960's Batman Episode. Just the way all of my fights have been in real life (especially with Travis).

Breaking Up: De La Soul featuring Redman - "Ohh". Alright this one doesn't make much sense to me. This song is a little too hip-hop to fit in with a break-up, although it does sound kind of erotic, maybe there was some cheating involved in this break-up. Hmmmm....doesn't really fit with real life, but again, what do I know?

Prom: The Shins - "Young Pilgrims". Well, I love The Shins, so I'm glad they made the cut. This is one of my favourite songs of theirs, and it oddly fits. It is a great song to listen to while you are deep in thought, something I definitely was on my Prom (but that is a whole other story...).

Life: Broken Social Scene - "Superconnected". I love it, especially the line about "I really don't wanna think about those things anymore". Fits in with my life and some of the choices that I have made.

Mental breakdown: Nickleback - "Favourite Disease". Man, I was hoping nothing embarrassing would come up here, and sure enough, something does. I can't say I'm a huge fan of Theory of a Nicklefault, so it makes sense that they would be playing during my mental breakdown. But I am judging by the nature of this song, that it is no doubt a dirty woman that drives me crazy. Also the fact that he starts out the song singing "I Love..." and ends it with "I Hate..." about the same things signifies that I am going Bi-Polar.

Flashback: Benni Benassi - "Satisfaction". Apparently I am having a dirty, dirty flashback. I guess it goes along with the above song.

Getting back together: Brand New - "The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows". Hmmm, cant' say that I saw that one coming, but it works so well. The line of "Today's the day we drop down. Give up my body in bed. All for an empty hotel." seems like that would fit very well into getting back together. Although from the sounds of it, getting back together may not be a good idea in this movie. Hmmmm....

Birth of Child: New Order - "Blue Monday". Apparently I hate my child....

Death Scene: Matthew Good Band - "Omissions of the Omen". Well iTunes figured it out. I really want this song playing when I die!!!!! Especially for the line "You and me, we died a long, long time ago"

Funeral Song: Hoobastank - "Crawling in the Dark (acoustic)". Well I actually like this Hoobastank song, this was before they became Hoobasuck. I guess this song fits, apparently I have been crawling in the dark, looking for the answer. I was hoping for something really upbeat for my funeral, since I want to have clowns at my funeral. The line "Will I ever get to see the ending to my story?" fits eerily well.

End Credits: Notorious BIG - "Hypnotize". PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this song a lot, and the end credits would clearly be me lip-synching to this song. I know all the words, really I do.

Well that is perfect, I have a great movie soundtrack!!!! A few years ago I made up a soundtrack to my life for real, and I liked it, but this one is way cooler and more importantly, it is better than McNutt's.

The rest of you give this a try, it's fun!!!!!!

Until next time,

G

No comments: